Blended Learning Training Programme In Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and Diving Accidents
The Education and Lifelong Learning Center of University of Thessaly organizes and implements the Educational Programme «Blended Learning Training Programme In Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and Diving Accidents» . The purpose of the training program is to educate participants in Diving Medicine and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. The program aims to educate and train participants by enabling them to provide information services (Diving and Hyperbaric Health Education), support of a diving accident and Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment.
The ultimate goal of the program is to provide knowledge on issues related to the organization, operation and management of Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Units. Moreover another goal of this blended training course is to prepare participants to apply Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy safely as well as treating diving accidents appropriately inside health services.
- Health Professionals (physicians, nurses, physiotherapists and technicians etc)
- Professional and amateur divers
The application form is submitted electronically, through the website of the Education & Lifelong Learning Center of the University of Thessaly
- This course has been accredited for Nurses and Operators by the European College of Baromedicine (ECB), European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) and European Baromedical Association for nurses, operators and technicians>.
- Also it has been accredited for Physicians by the European College of Baromedicine (ECB) , European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) and European Diving Technology Committee (EDTC) in level 2 H (Hyperbaric Medicine Physician) and D (Diving Medicine Physician) according to the 2011 ECHM-EDTC standards as per COST B14 Action
- MOODLE platform
- Practical Training Nurses and Operators: are required to submit a logbook in order to verify 48-hour of practical training from a certified Hyperbaric Center (according to the EBAss / ECHM / ECB scheme) of their choice, signed by the director of this Hyperbaric Center up to 3 months after the completion of the theoretical training. Physicians: are required to submit a logbook verifying their practical training from a certified training Center according to 2011 ECHM-EDTC standards as per COST B14 Action of their choice, signed by the director of the Training Centers up to 6 months after the completion of the theoretical training.
- Malliarou Maria , Associate Professor of Nursing, University of Thessaly
- Fildissis George , Professor, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Intensive Care Unit – Unit of Hyperbaric Medicine.